Welcome to Broadwing Adventures
After years of paddling, hiking and traveling together, Jack Drury and Doug Fitzgerald have joined forces to form Broadwing Adventures. Our goal is to share the joys of canoeing, kayaking, and hiking with others and provide safe, fun, environmentally friendly adventures. We invite you to share time with us exploring the wild lands of the Adirondacks and consider traveling with us to other remote locations throughout North America.
Click to see a new quote . If you don't see a new quote it means we are too busy having fun. Stay tuned we'll be back as soon as we come in from playing.
New on this site
The 2nd Annual - AMC Adirondack Adventure Trip is scheduled for June 15-22, 2014. Click here for more details.
WIN a great prize!
Like us on Facebook and win one of seven great prizes. If you already "Like" us you can still enter. Not a Facebook user, you can enter too.
See the contest rules for details.
Why hire an Adirondack Guide?
- An Adirondack Guide has gone through a testing and certification process to become licensed by the State of New York in order to provide you with a safe and enjoyable outdoor adventure.
- A guide has unique local knowledge of where to go, when to go, what equipment will provide you with the best experience. A guide spends years gaining experience and knowledge that can make the most difficult situation successful.
- Arguably the number one reason to hire a guide is to make the most of your valuable time. Time is a scarce commodity and you don't want to waste yours. Let someone else put in the time and effort so you can arrive and just enjoy yourself. Whether you want to spend a half day or two-weeks your time is precious...use it wisely.
- A guide will share their knowledge of the area, the wildlife, and the natural and cultural history adding immensely to the enjoyment of your venture.
- A guide will help prevent an emergency situation and in the rare instance you encounter one has
the experience to handle emergencies of all kinds.
Why hire Broadwing Adventures?
- Doug and Jack have been working in the outdoors their entire careers. They have been leading and teaching others in the outdoors since 1974.
- Doug and Jack have few peers when it comes to knowledge of and experience in the Adirondack Park. While they learn something new about the Park every day, they have traveled throughout it and spent more nights in the field than almost anyone else.
- Doug and Jack aren't just guides, they are teachers. Both have taught Outdoor Recreation at the college level for many years and know how to help people learn about and love the out of doors.
- Doug and Jack have traveled throughout North America on canoeing, backpacking, x-country skiing, snowshoeing, and mountaineering expeditions. Put their experience to work for you and make your next visit to the Adirondacks your best visit.
Broadwing Adventures is a partner of the Adirondack Forest Preserve Education Partnership (AFPEP) and strongly believes that recreation plays an important role in all our lives. When we travel in the outdoors we follow Leave No Trace (LNT) principles.